CANCELLED – HIGH SCHOOL Girls Rugby Camp
After consultation with Rugby Colorado, USA Rugby, and Rocky Mountain Rugby, and in light of current trends, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 High School Girls Camp. We wanted to hold the camp, BUT only if that could be done in a safe fashion, while also living up to the high standards we have for programming. With the restrictions on contact, group size, and social distancing needs, we just did not think we could deliver the type of program our players and families have come to expect from this camp.
We hope to see you back on the pitch in 2021!
Join the Girls Rugby Camp
Girls H.S. Rugby Camp
Take your rugby to the next level and join us for the strongest Girls H.S. Rugby Camp. Rugby players around the country are invited to learn from the best as the best players and coaches in the country help run the four-day camp. Each player receives the highest level of coaching and leaves with skills they can take back to their home teams.
July 21-24, 2020 – RugbyTown USA is ready to host you during the Girls HS Rugby Camp here in Glendale, Colorado.
- Learn from the United States’ highest-level coaches and players
- Full-time athletic trainer on site
- Enhance speed and agility in Glendale’s rugby-specific High Altitude Training Center
- Cool down each day in Glendale’s state-of-the-art recovery room – pending Covid-19 protocol approval
- Be treated like a professional athlete!
- Low coach-to-player ratio
- 7s- and 15s-specific sessions
High School Ages
Open to incoming 9th grade through outgoing 12th grade students
July 21-24, 2020
HOPE TO SEE YOU OUT IN 2021!
Love Youth Rugby?
Stay connected with us and join our mailing list.
We don't want you to miss any of our fantastic youth rugby schedule!
2022 fees include USA Rugby membership and liability insurance, as well as Rugby Colorado membership. Jerseys are a separate cost. See details below.
- U8: $175
- U10-U12: $210
- Middle School Boys: $210
- Middle School Girls: $210
USA Rugby and Rugby Colorado Registration
The 2022 Glendale registration fees include your USA Rugby and Rugby Colorado Try League dues.
USA Rugby Dues are $10 for Flag and $25 for tackle and are only paid once annually. USA Rugby membership will be valid through 8/31/2022.
Rugby Colorado 2022 Try League Dues are paid per season of participation and are $55 for U8 and $70 for U10-U15.
Each player will need to purchase a 2022 Try League jersey separate from the registration costs. Players will also need red socks and black shorts, which can be purchased from GYR.
Once a player has their jersey, they will not need to purchase another one until they outgrow it or move up from Flag to Tackle. Jerseys are yours to keep.
- Tackle Jersey: $45
- Flag Jersey: $25
- Shorts: $15 & Socks: $5
Socks and shorts are available for purchase or you can use any red athletic socks and black rugby shorts.
RULES BY AGE GROUP
Rules of Try League:
Practice time/days: 5/2-6/22/2022
- 5-7 year olds practice Mon/Wed 5:00-6:15pm
- 8-15 year olds practice Mon/Wed 5:00-6:30pm
Practice location: Glendale Infinity Park
Games: TBD by Rugby Colorado
- May 21, 2022 - City Park, Denver - WEEK B
- May 28, 2022 - Goose Gossage Park, Colorado Springs - WEEK A
- June 4, 2022 - Turner Middle School, Berthoud, CO- WEEK B
- June 11, 2022 - Marshdale Fields, Evergreen, CO - WEEK A
- June 18, 2022 - Goose Gossage Park, Colorado Springs - WEEK B
- June 25, 2022 - Pleasantview, Boulder - WEEK A
- WEEK A:
- U8 Coed Kickoff: 9am
- U10 Coed Kickoff: 10am
- U12 Coed Kickoff: 11am
- Middle School Divisions: 12pm
- WEEK B:
- Middle School Divisions: 9am
- U12 Coed Kickoff: 10am
- U10 Coed Kickoff: 11am
- U8 Coed Kickoff: 12pm
Please note: 5 year olds must have participated in 2021’s Fall After-School Rugby and/or 2022’s Spring After-School Rugby, be enrolled in Kindergarten, and be 5 on May 1, 2022.
- U8 coed flag – ages 5-7
- U10 coed tackle – ages 8, 9
- U12 coed tackle – ages 10, 11
- Middle School girls tackle – ages 12, 13 and 14
- Middle School boys tackle - Open and Light Division
Glendale Youth Rugby will be implementing Covid-19 monitoring and mitigation as part of our program risk protocols. That will consist of daily staff and participant temperature check, symptom checker, and on-site Athletic Trainer who will be helping manage. There will also be regular sanitizing of equipment, hand-washing stations, and other mitigation strategies. Program size will be limited based on recommended guidelines.
All families will need to sign a Covid-19 waiver as part of the registration process.
Glendale Youth Rugby operate under the allowable Arapahoe County guidelines and restrictions and Rugby Colorado Return to Play Guidelines.
Per Rugby Colorado Guidelines, it is recommended that all participants have one parent/guardian who has completed the World Rugby Covid-19 Player training (https://playerwelfare.worldrugby.org/covid-19-courses) prior to participation. )