Fall Youth Rugby – NON-Contact
Fall starts here, with Fall After-School Rugby! Glendale Rugby players and coaches work with your kids on skills, games and scrimmages. We work on sharing, communication, listening skills, and respectfulness toward teammates, coaches, and referees. Our goal is to create a safe environment where your kids can learn and love the second-most popular sport in the world.
Please see below for how Glendale Youth Rugby is mitigating for Covid-19.
Stay Fit, Have Fun and Play Rugby
Play Fall Youth Rugby
Don’t worry if your child has never played rugby before. Attend one Fall Youth Rugby and they’ll be hooked. Our coaches will teach them everything they need to know! Each participant needs to bring a mouth guard, sneakers or soccer cleats, and water bottle to practice each day.
Practice is held at Infinity Park’s Stadium field.
Fall Try League Rugby – 7 Week Program
- 5-7 year olds practice Tues/Thurs 4:30-5:40pm
- 8-14 year olds practice Tues/Thurs 4:30-6:00pm
- Ages 5-7: Coed Flag Rugby
- Ages 8-14: Coed Flag/Touch Rugby – Tackle is not allowed for 2020
- Practices – Tuesdays & Thursdays, 09/1/20 – 10/8/20
- Games (Optional) – Rugby Colorado has canceled the Fall Try League program. Glendale Youth Rugby will be exploring opportunities for games/scrimmages with other clubs, but they are not planned as of yet
Boys and Girls
Tues. & Thurs.
What you need to know
Fall After-School Rugby
- Ages 5-7 – Coed Flag – $145 ($140 with Sibling Discount)
- Ages 8-14 – Coed Touch – $165 ($160 with Sibling Discount)
There will not be a fall league hosted by Rugby Colorado for 2020. Glendale Youth Rugby will explore opportunities for playing matches/scrimmages against other clubs that are also in session, but that schedule/plan is still in development. GYR will not charge an additional games fee for these games/scrimmages.
Practice days: Sept 1 – Oct. 8, 2020
Practice location: Infinity Park Stadium
The potential games will be at Infinity Park Stadium and will follow the standard Rugby Colorado timing. These games will only happen if safe game play can be arranged with other clubs:
Saturdays, Sept. 12 – Oct. 3, 2020
- September 12th – Infinity Park Stadium
- September 19th – Infinity Park Stadium
- September 26th – Infinity Park Stadium
- October 3rd – Infinity Park Stadium
Game Times (Tentative)
- U8: 9am
- U10: 10am
- U12: 11am
- Middle School: 12pm
Please note: 5 year olds must be enrolled in Kindergarten, and be 5 on September 1, 2020.
- U8 coed flag – ages 5-7
- U10 coed tackle – ages 8, 9
- U12 coed tackle – ages 10, 11
- Middle School girls tackle – ages 12, 13 and 14
- Middle School boys tackle – Open and Light Division
Glendale Youth Rugby will be implementing Covid-19 monitoring and mitigation as part of our program risk protocols. That will consist of daily staff and participant temperature check, symptom checker, and on-site Athletic Trainer who will be helping manage. There will also be regular sanitizing of equipment, hand-washing stations, and other mitigation strategies. Program size will be limited based on recommended guidelines.
All families will need to sign a Covid-19 waiver as part of the registration process.
Per Rugby Colorado Guidelines, all participants shall have one parent/guardian who has completed the World Rugby Covid-19 Player training (https://playerwelfare.worldrugby.org/covid-19-courses) prior to participation. This will be required for all Glendale Youth Rugby (and Rugby Colorado) programming throughout the year, so keep the certificate to not have to do it again!
Fall Rugby Registration NOW OPEN
Love Youth Rugby?
Stay connected with us and join our mailing list.
We don't want you to miss any of our fantastic youth rugby schedule!