Spring Youth Rugby
Rugby starts here with Spring After-School Rugby. Raptors and Merlins players and coaches work with your kids on skills, games, and scrimmages. We work on sharing, communication, listening skills, and respectfulness toward teammates, coaches and referees. Our goal is to create a safe environment where your kids can learn and love the second-most popular sport in the world.
This program will continue to follow all our established Covid-19 mitigation practices and will only operate if allowable within Arapahoe County guidelines and restrictions.
Stay Fit, Have Fun and Play Rugby
Play Spring Youth Rugby
Spring After-School Rugby
The program is for current Kindergarten through 8th grade students. Each participant needs to bring a mouth guard, sneakers or soccer cleats, and a water bottle to practice.
Each practice players will learn the skills and techniques of rugby in a safe, fun environment. No experience is necessary. We’ll teach you everything you need to know!
Spring After-School Rugby – 5 Week program: 3/30 – 4/29/21
- Ages 5-7: Flag Rugby
- Ages 8/9, 10/11 & 12-14: Tackle Rugby
- Practice is at Infinity Park on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:30-5:45pm
Boys and Girls
Tues. & Thurs.
What you need to know
Spring After-School Rugby
- Ages 5-7 – Coed Flag – $110 ($105 with Sibling Discount)
- Ages 8-14 – Coed Tackle – $130 ($125 with Sibling Discount) – price will be $110 if contact is not allowed
- Practice days: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4:30-5:45pm
- Practice dates: March 30 – April 29, 2021
- Practice location: Infinity Park Turf Field or Infinity Park Stadium
- Every participant needs a mouthguard (even flag) for trainings
- Players should have a water bottle with them for each session.
- Sneakers or soccer style cleats should be worn for each session.
- Weather appropriate clothing should be worn for training – barring extreme weather, we will practice outdoors for each session
Glendale Youth Rugby will be implementing Covid-19 monitoring and mitigation as part of our program risk protocols. That will consist of daily staff and participant temperature check, symptom checker, and on-site Athletic Trainer who will be helping manage. There will also be regular sanitizing of equipment, hand-sanitizing stations, and other mitigation strategies. Program size will be limited based on recommended guidelines.
All families will need to sign a Covid-19 waiver as part of the registration process.
Per Rugby Colorado Guidelines, all participants shall have one parent/guardian who has completed the World Rugby Covid-19 Player training (https://playerwelfare.worldrugby.org/covid-19-courses) prior to participation. This will be required for all Glendale Youth Rugby (and Rugby Colorado) programming throughout the year, so keep the certificate to not have to do it again!
Spring Rugby Registration
Registration will open in February 2021 for the Spring After-School Program.
Be the first to know when programs are announced and when registrations open by joining our mailing list.
Love Youth Rugby?
Stay connected with us and join our mailing list.
We don't want you to miss any of our fantastic youth rugby schedule!